Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I think I'm going Kosher...


While this program is clearly a rip-off of Theology on Tap (which is a really cool, but copyrighted, program started by the Archdiocese of Chicago Young Adult Ministry and recently purchased by Renew, International) it is on a topic near and dear to my heart.

If I just liked vegetables better I would go vegetarian in a heartbeat! I think I'm still on my path there, but it won't be overnight!

Did you know that if everyone limited their consumption of red meat to once or twice a week, it would make a huge impact on the enviroment. Cattle producers use lots of grain and corn for feed and think of all that methane that the cows give off...

But they are pretty cute...


THEOLOGY AT BOTTLEWORKS
Wednesday, April 18
at Bottleworks

This large and lively discussion combines cold beer and hot conversation on important subjects of our times. This month's topic is "Food, Friends or Fodder for Science? Animal Treatment and Ethics." We'll discuss the various ways our society views and uses animals. Animals are viewed as pets and pests, as food and entertainment. Are there ethics and even rights in dealing with animals? Are they over-protected or undervalued? Should people always have priority? Grab a brew, give your view and lend an ear to others. Free and open to anyone. For more information, e-mail midrash@journeyon.net. 7:00 p.m.

I'm also not sure who this group is - what religion or denomination they represent - so go at your own risk!

2 comments:

Erin said...

poopsticks!

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Erin said...

I fixed it!!!