Thursday, May 10, 2007

Microfiber cleaning cloths


I've seen microfiber cloths in the stores for a while. Method has a series, and I bought the wood dusting cloth from them first. It works well, but I can only use it on wood surfaces.


I began the search for microfiber cloths at Target. There were the value pack, the Real Simple brand cloths, Method and Rubbermaid. I didn't see the Rubbermaid cloths until last and picked them up, ultimatly because they were the cheapest and there were two in each package. (The value pack had a good price, but without knowing if I'd like them I didn't want a whole package of cloths that I didn't want).


So - I tried out the Green cloths - for general cleaning. I use them to dust our desks, clean the counters - nothing special, but better than scratchy (not to mention the whole... I'm trying to save the world and abusing paper doesn't jive...).


The real surprise was when I tried the glass cleaning Blue cloths! It said that you can use them with or without cleaners. It recommend using just water and the cloth. It is amazing! I recommend using both clothes - one wet, then one dry. I cleaned both full glass exterior doors, all the windows I could reach, the mirrors and the real test - our dining room table top. It removed all of the fingerprints, dried on cake icing and gosh knows what else! No chemicals, just a little water, and not even a lot of elbow grease.


I am going to try the bathroom cloths next...
All in all - I definatly recomment the Blue glass and window cloths, the green ones are ok, but don't do anything that an old cotton tshirt doesn't do (and then it has a second life) except maybe it is lint-less.
At Urban Target, two clothes were $5.99 - not bad, considering a bottle of windex is around $2/bottle and you have to continually by new ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is around $2/bottle and you have to continually by new ones.


did you mean "continually BUY new ones."?

Love Dad